Wednesday 3 March 2010

Shameless S07E07

Like everyone else in the country, Pauline McLynn has been feeling the cold a bit of late. The actress has spent the day (and indeed the last few months) filming the seventh series of Shameless. “It was freezing today. I’m only just thawing out,” she laughs.

Is it weird, acting opposite him [David Threlfall] while he’s directing?
He directed the first episode of the series, and in many ways I found that incredibly helpful. I’d only done one previous thing with David, which was a radio series called Baldi which he did on Radio 4, and I was in a few episodes of that. So I sort of knew him – and he’s one of those guys that you have an instant rapport with anyway – and because he started life as an actor he’s incredibly generous as a director, and I really trusted him to see me through that first episode. Occasionally he’d disappear for a little while, and that was him off checking on the monitors that he’d got the shot he wanted, but I found it great working with him as the director. It calmed me right down. If I’d started with somebody else, I think it would have taken me longer to get where I got to.

Have you had to do any love scenes with him?
Yes, plenty of them. Because like every couple who meet and fall for one another, it’s all kissing and sex for the first while.

I’m guessing it’s not all scenes filled with scented candles and soft music?
Well, you know what? They kind of are, in a way, because from Libby’s point of view it’s incredibly romantic. Her boudoir, which we see in the first episode, is very romantic. I’ve rarely been asked to kiss somebody on stage or on screen for work at all. I found myself asking David on the first day “Do you go right or left when you’re going in to kiss someone?” We didn’t want to knock noses – and we’re both very talented in that direction, we both have large noses. And then filming a sex scene, I was really lucky that he was really comfortable with it, because it put me at ease a bit. But it’s an odd experience, pretending to have sex with a strange man, and with another 17 people lighting your bottom and whatever else! And you don’t want to frighten the audience with the wrong angles! So I’d never been asked to do sex scenes before, and we did the one where the kit was off. Because that annoys me, when you watch shows where you think “Why have they got their underwear still on? They’ve already had sex how many times?” So we did a nude one. It was possibly the least glamorous thing I’ve done in my whole life. It’s just quite mechanical.

Was it quite terrifying beforehand?
It was. We were both being very brave about it. It was very short and very tastefully done, I have to say. Well, I haven’t seen it yet, but I would say so, from where the camera was. And now it’s done, and it was great, and I don’t expect they’ll ever ask me to do it again. But they might, and if you’ve done it once…

Hopefully you weren’t quite as cold as you were today.
Although that would tighten the body beautifully! You’d be toned if you had that kind of cold around you.



Television Series: Shameless (S07E07)
Release Date: March 2010
Actress: Pauline McLynn
Video Clip Credit: In The Best Possible Taste



http://rapidshare.com/files/358401736/pauline_mclynn_shameless_v01.avi
or
http://www.sendspace.com/file/kvpsb9

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari