Monday 26 April 2010

The Tudors S04E03

British actress Tamzin Merchant received quite the education playing the fifth wife of King Henry VIII on The Tudors. "It was like going to school, but to be a naughty child," the Cambridge University student told the Herald during a recent interview. "One of my lecturers did come up to me in the quad after the show aired in England and told me I was very wanton," said Merchant, 22. "I don’t usually get feedback like that from my teachers."

Merchant joined the cast last season as Katherine Howard, the wayward teenager chosen by Henry’s council to, um, occupy the aging king following the annulment of his marriage to fourth wife Anne of Cleves (Joss Stone). "I think one of the most striking things about Katherine Howard is that she really is so young. Playing the fifth wife is sort of like playing a young girl in a toy shop. Here’s this very young girl who has no idea what it means to be queen, the responsibilities to be queen, the danger, in fact. I think she doesn’t have a grasp on the reality of the situation because she is caught up in the fairy tale," she said. "With Katherine, I saw it as a breath of fresh air in the Tudor court. I wanted Katherine Howard to be a little unusual and unversed in how she was expected to behave. I flounce around quite a bit in a teenage way. In England, there will be lots of disapprovement with my slightly unperiod take on it."

The bawdy role is a departure from Merchant’s earlier film work, which included playing Mr. Darcy’s virtuous sister Georgiana in 2005’s Pride & Prejudice. "If (Darcy) saw the things I was getting up to in The Tudors, he would be pretty horrified," Merchant said, then laughed. Katherine could have used someone like the upright Mr. Darcy. Henry had her beheaded when she was 19 years old. "I think she was very much a pawn in people’s games. In the version we are doing, she was left alone without a moral upbringing. The other queens had this network of comrades, and Katherine Howard was ultimately left out in the cold even though she had a powerful family," Merchant said. "I think a lot of people think she shouldn’t be a wife. I agree she wasn’t a queen, but she was my favorite wife. I feel very close to her," she said.


Television Series: Tudors (S04E03)
Release Date: April 2010
Actress: Joanne King & Tamzin Merchant
Video Clip Credit: DeepAtSea
Video Clip Info: [DIVX at 4000kbps; 1280x720; 55mb for 1mn51s (x3 videos)]



http://rapidshare.com/files/380256232/Tamzin_Merchant___Joanne_King_-_TT0403720p_by_DeepAtSea.zip
or
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SCZCOIFU

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari