Monday 11 February 2013

Shameless US S03E04

Sometimes chasing a dream is scary. Like when you graduate and realize you want to be an actress. So you pack up your things and you move to L.A. and you use all your training – how to do a voiceover, how to shoot a commercial, how to speak on camera – and you work, because that’s how dreams are made. You land your first movie role, then your first television project. Your friends see your face in their living rooms. For Kentucky-born Galadriel Stineman, dreams are becoming reality, as she recalls auditioning for roles in California. "If you’re the one person at the end who gets the role, you feel like you’ve won the lottery," she says. Stineman has starred in a movie for the Cartoon Network, as well as an indie film with Vivica A. Fox and two episodes of the HBO series True Blood. "I just had to believe in myself and hope that would be enough," Stineman says of her decision to go to Hollywood. "I knew this was the time."

Since she was a little girl growing up in river cities like Newport, Bellevue and Dayton, Stineman has been a performer. She directed pageants and other competitions with friends in her living room. She told teachers her name was Dorothy — as in The Wizard of Oz. And once she frightened her mother when out of the blue she announced, "I’m so tired. I can’t run any more." It was one of Dorothy’s lines in the movie. Even her name, Galadriel, sounded like something from a movie, taken from one of Tolkien’s elven queens in The Lord of the Rings, which her mother was reading when she was pregnant. It’s pronounced Guh-lay-dree-ool.


Stineman knew, even as a child, where she really wanted to be. "I’ll be living in California in a big house with lots of exotic animals," she would say. Yet she never became a child star like Union’s Josh Hutcherson, who made movies before he was 10, or Louisville’s Jennifer Lawrence, who was discovered at 14. Stineman participated in the drama club but never captured a starring role in a play at Newport Central Catholic High School. She had one line in Annie. She was a cheerleader, dancer and competitive horseback rider. Still, there was something within her. Something that would not be denied. "She has always had a flair for the dramatic," says Stineman’s mother, Peggy. "I saw her speak to an assembly in third grade, just a few lines, but I saw how she owned the stage."

And when she enrolled as a freshman at Northern Kentucky University, she found herself in front of the camera, taking electronic media classes in the College of Informatics. She excelled in school. An interview she conducted with local television anchor Sheree Paolello is used today as an example of great classwork. "Galadriel is a charming person — sunny, fun-loving and genuine," says her former communication studies professor Russell Proctor. "I can’t say that I knew she would be a Hollywood star — I never saw her act. But I knew she would be great at whatever she pursued."

Stineman has a face made for the camera. She is pretty, petite, with red curls and green eyes. She read Los Angeles Magazine throughout college, and she’d developed a relationship with representatives at the Northern Kentucky-based Katalyst Talent Agency. "I knew that she had a certain spark right away," says Kim Vance, assistant director for student life at NKU. "I expected her to do very well because she has wonderful communication skills and people skills."

Deep down, her mother knew what she was going to decide. "Galadriel has always been allowed to make her own decisions," says her mum. "But this topic was so foreign to me, I just had to offer love and support." Stineman thought about cost. It’s twice as expensive living in Los Angeles than Northern Kentucky. She thought about being lonely. She thought about whether or not she could survive. "It seemed like then or never," Stineman says. "I had no idea if the opportunity would come again." She moved to Burbank in the fall of 2007. Her connections with the Katalyst Agency got her an agent in California. "Those agents signed me on the spot," she says. "Having great representation right off the bat probably shaved years off starting my career." She was on the right track. The question was, would it all work out? It didn’t take very long to find out.

After settling in California, Stineman’s connections helped her land a starring role in a small budget indie film. "My first movie role was in [2010’s] 'Junkyard Dog' with Vivica A. Fox and Brad Dourif," Stineman said. "We had a couple rounds of auditions with the director and casting director." Stineman’s manager, Kurt Patino, took notice in her shortly after that role. Patino has been a manager for eight years and was a talent agent for six years before that. He said that his biggest discovery as an agent was America Ferrera. "Galadriel was introduced to me through an entertainment industry colleague, and as soon as I met her, I could tell she was very smart, very passionate about acting and very willing to follow the advice necessary to achieve success in Hollywood," Patino said.

Sharing time on screen with Vivica Fox, Stineman gained valuable experience that led to more opportunities. Another starring role followed in the television film adaptation of the popular children’s cartoon Ben 10: Alien Swarm. That made her a star — at least within a particular subset of fans. "When I booked my first role, I felt completely validated in my pursuit," she says. "I had always wondered if I could actually do this for a living and once I booked my first job, it was like, 'OK, someone other than me thinks I have a place on the screen.'"

Those appearances have led to others. Originally, Stineman says, she decided to try the acting life for nine months. Now, she’s been supporting herself for almost six years, appearing in television shows including The Middle and True Blood, and starring in movies including the teen comedy The Party is Over and a Hallmark television film called Operation Cupcake. "There are days when I think about some of the projects I’ve worked on and can’t believe it," she says. "Especially True Blood. I’m a huge fan of the show and I remember specific times when I said things like, 'I’d probably keel over and die if I ever got to be on that show.'"

The Hallmark movie got her a little more exposure, she thinks. "I play the 16-year-old daughter of Dean Cain (New Adventures of Superman) and Kristy Swanson (Buffy, the Vampire Slayer.) In this movie, my dad is a career military man who is back with his family for the first time in a long while. He’s trying to fit in to their lives, while also deciding if he should accept a promotion or retire and spend more time with us. It’s a really touching movie and I’m proud to have beeen a part of it." Stineman’s character on The Middle is a tutor for Charlie McDermott’s character, Axl. "My comedy idol has been Patricia Heaton for a couple years now," Stineman said. "I started working on The Middle so I’m now working with her, which is very exciting." "When I see Galadriel in a show or movie, I always smile as I watch her become another character," mum Peggy says. "Sometimes I recognize some of the facial expressions as those I saw when she was a child."

Patino’s job is to motivate Stineman’s career through collaborating with her through choice of headshots, networking and teaching her about the industry in general. Stineman and Patino met early in his managerial career and, according to him, it has been one of his greatest and most rewarding business relationships. "I knew she had a natural talent, and the steel nerves needed to compete in an audition situation," Patino said. "She also is a very smart girl, and I knew she would explore ways to become a better and better actress as time went by and have the discipline to always work hard to achieve her goal of making it as a working actress."

As Patino introduces her to agents, casting directors, coaches, attorneys and publicists, Stineman has also met a few actors too. "I worked on Showtime’s Shameless a couple months ago and got to hang with William H. Macy one of the days. Picking his brain about theatre and life was an honor," Stineman said. "One thing the best actors I know all have in common: they don’t make excuses. Be accountable for your success and don’t be a victim. Excuses will not get you close to where you want to go. They’ll just keep you busy while someone else gets what you want."

That said, Stineman doesn’t feel like she’s made it. Not yet. But she loves what she’s doing. "I have no idea where I’ll be in a few years, because I have so many interests," she says. "I just like to make sure I’m doing the best I can at whatever I’m pursuing, and that it makes me happy. When it stops making me happy or makes me doubt who I am, I know it’s time to make changes. For now, (acting) makes me happy. I feel like I’ve got further to go, it pays the bills, and I have a great team. I’m not stopping anytime soon!"

Television Series: Shameless US (S03E04)
Release Date: February 2013
Actress: Emma Greenwell, Shanola Hampton, Galadriel Stineman & Emmy Rossum
Video Clips Credit: Deep at Sea



http://dfiles.eu/files/vbzbw23t1
https://hotfile.com/dl/193849439/0f7faa4/785.zip.html
http://www.putlocker.com/file/59FF96E86F315FA8
http://www.sendmyway.com/duac03yus10j/785.zip.html
https://netload.in/dateiIkFV145ee7/785.zip.htm
http://www.ziddu.com/download/21561401/785.zip.html
http://www43.zippyshare.com/v/75498561/file.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari