Monday 1 August 2011

True Blood S04E06

During an interview with Accidental Sexiness the terrifically talented Janina Gavankar (Luna) talked about True Blood and her work as a musician and an actor. Gavankar, recently cast as shape-shifting high school teacher Luna did not think she would be an actor. In fact, she was concentrating on her musical career before she discovered acting.

We will definitely be learning more about True Blood’s shape-shifters since according to Gavankar, Sam (Sam Trammell) and Luna find a shape-shifter support group. But will something develop between Luna and Sam, the shape-shifting owner of Merlotte’s? She adores working with Sam Trammell but Gavankar plays coy: “Luna and Sam like each other right now and that’s all I am going to say.”

Yes, she’s tight-lipped about the specifics of any relationship that might occur between her and Sam, but she also has this to say: “I have no problem with sex scenes that move the story lines along and show the true nature of humans, as opposed to sex scenes for sex scenes. I have no problem with nudity, I don’t think there’s any problem with the human body.”


That said, Gavankar still nearly passed up her role on True Blood because she didn’t feel like baring it all. “I was very aware of it, but I was like, ‘I’m not going to do it,’” she told Access Hollywood. “They were basically like, ‘It’s True Blood and there is nudity involved,’ when they sent me the material.”

“’Fine, I will only do it if it’s a strong recurring,’” she told her people. “They were like, ‘It’s a series regular.’ I was like, ‘Fine, I will only do it if’ — ‘cause I know everybody has sex – ‘I will only do it if she’s not a vampire, because vampire sex kind of freaks me out.’ They are like, ‘She’s a shapeshifter!’ I’m like, ‘Fine!’ My last thing was, ‘I will only do it, if I am not like a stripper,’ and they [said], ‘She’s a school teacher.’”

Yeah, Bon Temps’ schoolteachers probably pretty much have the lifestyle that strippers do elsewehere. But way to have boundaries, Janina.

Television Series: True Blood (S04E06- I Wish I Was the Moon)
Release Date: July 2011
Actress: Anna Paquin & Janina Gavankar
Video Clip Credit: Zither

Anna Paquin










Rapid

or

Mega



Janina Gavankar










Rapid

or

Mega

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari