Tuesday 11 December 2012

Emilia's Advance Warning

It’s not often that we get an opportunity to see someone from the world of Game of Thrones on a late-night talk show, but last night Emilia Clarke showed off a great sense of humour about the show and also shared a little bit of insight behind the scenes in discussion with Jimmy Kimmel. Having won the role of Daenerys Targeryan straight out of drama school, the Londoner told an engaging story about how her family reacted to watching some of her more-undressed scenes during the first season; before hinting there may be cause for further embarrassment coming up.

When asked how she broke the news in advance to her parents that she would be going right out of drama school to being nude at work, Clarke replied: "It's the kind of thing I told my mum and then my mum told my dad with me being nowhere near," before adding, "I think he's just pleased that I'm employed." Things were not quite so comfortable when it came to her straight-talking Uncle Ken from Yorkshire. "He was kind of alarmed when he saw it," she explained after her relatives watched the show over Christmas. "He looked me dead in the eye and said 'Emilia, you didn't tell me that you would be naked for that long!" Kimmel then enquired if her Uncle Ken would have anything to worry about in the upcoming season and Clarke, visibly squirming, answered: "There maybe. I'll call him in advance!"



In the second part of the interview, Clarke teased that we are going to see more fighting courtesy of her character, and she also opened up about what it was like to eat the 'horse heart' that was such an iconic moment in the show first season. "I was kind of covered head to toe in the fake blood," she said. "And I’m kind of continually sticking myself, to myself or to other things." She even admitted that at one point she vanished from the set. It turns out she'd gotten stuck to the toilet. According to Clarke, the 'heart' was actually more like a giant gummi bear covered in tons of fake blood; not that it made it any more pleasant or sweet for her to have to put in her mouth. She told Vulture that it was so disgusting she kept heaving into a bucket between takes.

Game of Thrones returns March 31, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari