Friday 7 December 2012

The League S04E08

Nadine Velazquez may not be a name we hear everyday, but that doesn't mean she's not beginning to make an impression in front of the camera. Until recently most people recognized her for her role as the boisterous Catalina in My Name is Earl as an immigrant stripper/maid. The role caught the attention of some other producers who offered her even bigger roles such as – the CW’s comedy drama series Hart of Dixie as Didi Ruano – and FX’s comedy series The League, where she currently plays Sofia. Yet a recent eye-popping role alongside Denzel Washington in box-office smash movie Flight followed by a particularly 'cheeky' appearence in last night's The League, means the Puerto Rican actress is rapidly becoming a face (and body) we won't forget.

Her aforementioned nude scene at the opening of Flight, can only be described as… memorable. When the Nadine received the script, she knew what it entailed, but she didn’t hesitate because she trusted the players – Oscar winners Robert Zemeckis and Denzel Washington. As she explained to NBC Latino, her response was… "let’s do this. "When I auditioned for the film, one of the first things that they asked me was, 'Are you comfortable being nude?' and I said, 'I’ll take off my clothes right now!' Of course, everyone got a big laugh out of that." In fact, she smiles, she was surprisingly very comfortable [being naked on set]. "There’s something about being nude, knowing that you are so exposed," she says. "There’s not a lot of dialogue in that scene, it’s just waking up and getting dressed. There’s just such a tone that you are naked and making it as realistic as possible."


It was also the first day of shooting and was a closed set. The fact that Washington was a 'gentleman and a professional', also helped she explains. He called her the night before and invited her to dinner, in order to get acquainted, and have her be comfortable with him and vice-versa. Since she had never met before, she says, this was exactly what the doctor ordered. Velazquez is happy with the outcome of the scene, "I think the director did a great job and I trusted him. There’s nothing malicious about it, and it’s not a sexual scene," she states, before a funny memory of the filming causes a giggle.

"There was a scene where I bend over and I have no clothes on," she explains. "In the opening shot, my character is getting dressed after a night of partying, there’s a moment where I have no underwear under my dress, and I’m bending over to him, not to the camera. I wasn’t nervous about being nude, but I was nervous about bending over because it just seemed like too much. The director told me he wasn’t going to do any shots that made me feel uncomfortable. So I asked this makeup artist to give me the piece of flesh-colored tape to wear on my private parts and covered it, so when I bent over he didn’t see any parts I was protecting. I kept bending over and everything was fine. So when we were waiting for our last take, we were underneath the sheets and he asked, ‘Can I ask you a personal question?’ and I said yes, and he said, “Is that a piece of tape that you have down there?” I thought that was the most funny moment. I knew he was looking at that wondering if it was a deformity or an alien! He must have been so confused since it was so close to my skin color. I just told him “Denzel, you can’t have it all!"

Romping naked with Denzil and recently voted one of the sexiest women in the world, it is a good job she has an understanding partner. "My boyfriend is a creative director, so he’s very artistic," she says. "This kind of thing doesn’t really bother him at all. He doesn’t get jealous. If I had a man on my arm and I was going on a date with him, then of course he would get jealous, but when it comes to acting he doesn’t." And does she consider herself sexy? "You know what, I think I am," she states. "I don't mean that from a superficial perspective, but instead my attitude and the way I carry myself. I've always exuded some connection to my sexuality even as a kid. So to me, being sexy means staying connected to that part of me."

In reference to future nude scenes, the actress believes that if it is a good role and it feels right, she wouldn’t turn it away. "If it’s a sex scene, I feel like I would need to consider who the director is and the actor I would be opposite to, and what happens in the scene and what my role in the movie is, in order to make the right choice." As for what she likes more, television or the movies, she says she will continue to appear in both as she has no intention whatsoever on just focusing on one. "I love working, I could work every single day. It’s my dream and I love it."

Television Series: The League (S04E08- The Anchor Baby)
Release Date: December 2012
Actress: Nadine Velazquez
Video Clip Credit: DeepAtSea












http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/JOHD3VGX/NV.rar_links

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari