Monday 18 July 2011

True Blood S04E04

Lindsay Pulsipher came on board True Blood last season as Crystal Norris and was given a difficult assignment: Star in numerous scenes with Ryan Kwanten's Jason Stackhouse, often while the latter was shirtless. The actress can look forward to more of the same on season four. "I find it absolutely disturbing," she joked in an interview today. As we all know Lindsay will be portraying Crystal Norris who was described in casting calls as a young girl in her 20s who is barefoot wearing a sundress and shares an electric connection with Jason before disappearing into the trees. We knew that her character was to become Jason‘s new love interest. She gives us all the info about playing a character who is constantly sporting a black eye and nudity on camera...

Crystal has a difficult time of it. She's getting punched, she constantly has black eyes... what is that like to play as an actress?

You know, it's really fun. It's always exciting when you have something physical to throw yourself into. I like to describe it as a playground. True Blood is truly a playground. You get to go in and just let loose and completely just have fun and play around. There is so much freedom on set. It was so much fun to go through all of those different things. It was always exciting.

Is it a prerequisite walking in that you have to get naked at some point?

You kind of understand going in. I’m on “True Blood,” I’m probably going to be naked!

I've had endless discussions about the show and I think that one of the things that make it so successful is that it has no boundaries. When you were cast in this, was one of the first thoughts you had about how you'd probably have to do nudity?

[laughs] Oh yes! That definitely crossed my mind! Especially when I knew I was going to be Jason Stackhouse's love interest. [laughs] Okay, so the clothes are coming off! But all of that just sort of falls to the background. You don't really think about it. I was just so excited to be on the show and thought, oh well, I can totally handle that!

[laughs] Besides, everyone on the show is naked anyway!

Yeah! I'm in good company!

Nevertheless True Blood is known for it’s eye brow raising scenes...

I wasn't worried about it because I'd talked to the show and they agreed to allow me to step out of the scene when I'm uncomfortable with the nudity. I have a very trusting relationship with the producers. They have been very understanding, allowing me to use a body double. Right off the bat I felt comfortable with that.

So you’re a sexy were-panther! Finally it’s out!

I know! I’m so glad it’s out there! It feels so good to have that out in the world and I don’t have to avoid the question anymore.

So what’s the difference between a were-panther and a panther? What are you exactly?

Well, I’m a were-panther and I think that, that means that I am a super-powered panther basically. So she’s a very strong panther.

How do you shoot something like that? Do you just have to sit around there naked and then they swap you out for a panther?

Basically that’s what you do. You sit around naked for a few hours and then they bring in the panther and then you watch the panther get shot for a couple of hours because it doesn’t always do what you want it to do. They actually showed me a rough transformation right there on set. They edited one together. As soon as I saw that I was like “Oh my god! This is going to be so cool!”


Television Series: True Blood (S04E04- I'm Alive and on Fire)
Release Date: July 2011
Actress: Lindsay Pulsipher
Video Clip Credit: Zither










Rapid

or

Mega

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari